Bifold doors have become the quintessential ‘must-have’ for homes across Surrey, especially within self-build and renovation projects. Offering astounding amounts of light combined with gorgeous far-reaching views and on-trend open-plan living, bifolds make the perfect aperture option for the majority of homes across Guildford, Wimbledon and Esher. The stunning way bifolds can open up a whole wall with ease is beneficial to both smaller and larger homes, so we can’t imagine anyone not liking bifolding doors!
The world of bi-folds can be a confusing one, with many different materials, glazing options, operating systems and extras to get your head around. So, we thought we’d take the time to offer a few helpful tips on choosing the perfect bifolds to make your home truly stand out from the crowd.
1. Bifold door materials
At P & P Glass, we’re able to offer both aluminium and timber bifold door systems. Timber bifolds are ideal for traditional and period homes, whilst aluminium bifolds offer square-edged, slimline sightlines that are perfect for contemporary and commercial aesthetics.
2. Bifold door size
If you’re looking for a bifold system that can accommodate a wider opening, it’s interesting to note that aluminium bi-fold door panels can be made wider than timber bifold profiles – which can sometimes be more cost effective, as fewer doors are needed within the frame.
3. Get up close and personal with bifold doors
If you’re investing in a bifold door system, you want to be sure that the operating system and aesthetics are correct for your building type and lifestyle. So, make sure you view a range of bifolding doors by booking an appointment with a reputable bifold door showroom.
Why we love Sunflex bifold doors
- Available in both aluminium and timber profiles
- Impressively large panel sizes available, accommodating virtually any bifold project
- Accredited by the prestigious UK Police flagship home security initiative Secured By Design
- High security locking systems
- Exceptional weather testing and weather tightness
- Can achieve U-values as low as 0.9 W/m²k
- A choice of three high performance thresholds
- Aluminium profile depths that are slimmer than other bifold door systems
- Able to accommodate both double and triple glazing
- A wide range of timbers and finishes to choose from
- The only German manufactured bifold with a British Kitemark
Award winning bifold door technology & design delivered by Sunflex UK, installed with expert precision by P & P Glass
If you need any further support or advice on Sunflex bifold doors or any other home improvement queries, don’t hesitate to contact the P & P Glass team on 01483 467250 or simply send us a message online and someone will get back to you shortly.
Related to this post: What’s the difference between bifold doors and sliding doors?